Natural, pure and simple - that's what Waterford Soaps handcrafted goat milk soaps fresh from the farm offers you. Milk has long been known for its moisturizing properties and was an ancient beauty treatment. Keeping skin naturally moisturized can help to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy.
Why use goat milk soap?
Goat milk soap will not dry out your skin like many other types of soaps. It is particularly beneficial if you have dry or sensitive skin or if you have eczema or psoriasis. And, it's perfect for healthy skin that wants to stay that way.
The unprocessed goat milk in our handcrafted bar soaps offers you numerous benefits that commercial soaps don't. That's because goat milk:
- Has nearly the same Ph level as your skin
- Contains a natural glycerin, which helps skin retain natural moisture. Commercial soap manufacturers remove glycerin for use in more expensive skin care products
- Contains lactic acid, which may aide in exfoliation and skin rejuvenation
- Is a natural emollient that helps soothe and moisturize
- Is gentle, even on very sensitive skin
Other key benefits
- Goat milk has alpha-hydroxy acids that break down the glue holding dead skin cells together. It is well known for softening skin and leaving it rejuvenated for a younger appearance.
- Goat milk contains many vitamins, but is particularly high in Vitamin A, which is necessary to repair damaged skin tissue and maintain healthy skin. In addition:
- Several medical studies show that creams made with Vitamin A may reduce lines and wrinkles, control acne, and provide some psoriasis relief.
- Water-based soaps can be artificially fortified with vitamins, but most aren't.
- Fat molecules are an important part of making good soap. That's because the cream present in goats' milk helps boost the moisturizing quality of goat milk soaps.
- Goat milk contains the mineral selenium, which may prevent sun damage.
Dare to compare
Most commercial soaps -- commonly called "beauty/deodorant/moisturizing bars" -- dry out the skin and leave unhealthy chemical residues. That's because they contain: Petroleum products (irritating to people with sensitive skin), esters (known carcinogen), alcohols (which dry your skin), low grade oils, waxes, fillers, detergents and preservatives.
Waterford soap ingredients: pure goat milk, saponified olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, fragrance or essential oil.
Typical ingredients in a commercial bar soap: sodium lauroyl lsethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, tretrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.